Thursday, September 9, 2010

'A garden of love grows in a grandmother's heart'

Meet my Nana. She'll be 96 this December. And I love her to pieces. She reminds me age is simply a state-of-mind. Her energy is invigorating. Her words are kind. She's beautiful.



As early as I can remember I could find my Nana in her garden. To this day her yard is still full of flowers, and her kitchen filled with plants.



She started telling me a story about my Dad growing up and was almost in tears laughing! I love this.. so genuine.




My favorite thing about my Nana is that she didn't get her driver's license until she was 60-years-old. 60-YEARS-OLD! She loved walking EVERYWHERE. I could use a few exercising tips from her ;)


She's kept her sense-of-humor. Her laugh is infectious. After every picture she asked, "Have I broke your camera yet?!" Of course I know that's her way of saying, "Are you done taking my picture yet???" :)



Almost every afghan I own was crocheted by her, and she hasn't stopped! She has a gift and it amazes me.


She was a crossing guard for her town for 25 years; she retired at the age of 87.


I absolutely adore her.

No comments:

Post a Comment