Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Continuous Narrative


In using Photoshop I recreated my own interpretation of what would be a contemporary continuous narrative. The idea was to tell a story through different events, which were contained within a single frame.

My story reminisces back to freshman year. As an art student, foundation courses were required. These classes relied upon black and white materials (which explains why the images were altered to black and white). An unfamiliar medium at the time, for me, was drawing. This series shows where frustration arose between the planning and procrastinating.
I positioned my model in place of myself.

The following images include the final product, as well as the originals.


Continuous Narrative, #1
Planning










Continuous Narrative, #2
Frustration











No comments:

Post a Comment